Well, got up and going. Left my house at 6:15. Things were going great... Yep! The Beemer broke down at mile marker 62 on I 26 East at 7:15 a.m. My lovely husband drove like a mad-man to come pick me up. We arrived at Charlotte airport at 9:20. I had tried to get someone @ the US Air desk to inform them of my plight, but all I got was "So sorry, no other flights open today. We can fly you tomorrow for $1,700.00!" Not just no, but happy heck no!!!
All I can say is 'God bless Demiti @ the US Air curbside desk!' He took my papers, took me inside and put me on the next flight to Phoenix. He said I would still make my connecting flight in Phoenix and that everything would be OK! I didn't cry, but it was close:)
Now, I'm sitting @ the gate B13 waiting to depart @ 11:23. I think I'm going to walk over to Bojangles and get a sweet tea. It may be my last for a while!
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment