OK, by Hawaii time, it's 8:07 p.m. We are 6 hours ahead at home, so it's 2 a.m. So a Starbucks, a $7.00 turkey and pesto sandwich, a $6.00 order of breadsticks and water I'm finally in my dorm room and realized I've been up right at 21 hours.
As we came in to Honolulu, we flew right by Pearl Harbor. It was awesome to see the battle ships moored there and off in the distance the USS Arizona memorial could be seen. It was an awesome and inspiring sight!
Our shuttle driver pointed out the Punchbowl Cemetery and Diamond's Head. I plan to see both up close and personal:) The weather's rainy and stormy so I'm going to get off the computer and go to bed. Oh, by the way, I forgot my usb for my camera. Good thing I have an SD reader in my computer! I'll begin taking pictures tomorrow and uploading tomorrow night!
Tomorrow is the USS Arizona, USS Missouri, a special boat tour of Peal Harbor, USS Bowfin Submarine and dinner at the Japanese Consulate. Guess I have to wear a dress:(
Ponder that as I drag my weary bones to bed! Night all!
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sleep well and you'll look pretty darn cute in a dress. don't think i've seen you in one since you got married! LOL
ReplyDeleteWow - busy first day. Soak it all up!
ReplyDelete